My Journey through classic adventure games...

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Not such a shame after all...

Rejoice classic adventure gamers everywhere. There has been some recent developments at sarien.net since my previous post. Just when I'd lost all hope for sarien, a frequent commenter on my site, B.M, from over at Ravings of a Lunatic, brought to my attention that Activision granted sarien permission to host a handful of classic Sierra adventure games. You can get the whole story from sarien.net creator Martin Kool's blog here. It's great to see something positive like this developing, rather than Martin having all his great work crushed by a cease and desist. Sarien.net is a fantastic portal for old school adventure game fans and it's awesome that Martin will be able to continue growing it.

2 comments:

  1. This is a pretty cool service. Can't believe I've never heard of it. Thanks for the introduction!

    I just finished taking my Paladin Niko through the series for the umpteenth time and have been on a QFG kick for awhile. Glad I found your blog, and glad that other people out there are still taking time to enjoy these fantastic games.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Activision seems to have been doing a pretty good job of trying to keep the fans of the old franchises they now own happy... They've granted fan licenses to different independent developers to remake the old games as long as they are free... For a big company whose motivations should normally be purely financial, their actions are pretty admirable.

    I'm happy to see the website return.

    ReplyDelete